Everything you eat becomes a part of not only your inner being, but the outer fabric of your body as well. The healthier the foods that you consume, the better your skin will look. – says Samantha Heller(A popular clinical nutritionist from New York).
ou are what you eat – How accurate is this statement?
The notion that to be fit and healthy you need to eat good food.It won’t be wrong to say that our skin majorly relies on our diet to stay pretty and young. Let’s take a look at power-foods that contain skins benefiting nutrients!
Fruits are great sources of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They make your skin look radiant and naturally flawless. Some of the best fruits for skin are –
- Apple – Contains malic acid that promotes firm and youthful skin.
- Banana – Rich in potassium which keeps the skin moisturized and hydrated.
- Lemon – Acts as a natural bleach. Whitens and lightens skin complexion.
- Mulberry – Rejuvenates the skin from within. Topical application of mulberry slows down the aging process. Check out the fairness cream by our brand – DeBelle, which promises to improve your complexion and leave your skin soft with the help of natural mulberry extracts.
- Avocado – Possesses Vitamin E in good quantities which boosts skin’s luminosity.
Vegetables (especially green vegetables) provide your body a vast range of nutrients like fibre, potassium, folate, etc. There are plenty of vegetables that taste nice and work amazingly-well for your skin! Even if you are not a fan of veggies, you would still be able to find something that will please your taste buds while doing its magic on your skin and body! Here are a few of them –
- Spinach – Flushes out toxins from the body and gives clear, blemish free skin.
- Beetroot – Is a rich source of an antioxidant named anthocyanins which prevents wrinkles.
- Broccoli – Regenerates and repairs skin cells.
- Tomatoes – Boosts procollagen. Its topical application protects skin from sun rays.
- Kale – Popularly known as “Karam Saag” in India, is a vegetable full of fibres and Vitamin A. It prevents damage caused by harmful free radicals.
You can also read: How to choose the right diet , for more info.
Seafood is rich in nutrients such as vitamins and minerals and helps the skin to retain moisture. The natural glow of the skin depends more on your diet than what is applied to it. And seafood provides the right proportion of nutrients for glowing skin. It also helps in UV protection due to the presence of omega 3 fatty acids. Here are a few of them:
- Salmon: Known to have the highest concentration of Omega 3 fattty acids. It helps in reducing signs of ageing, gives a natural glow and decreases clogging of pores.
- Snapper : Helps to even out skin tone, and with the presence of a natural skin booster mineral called ‘Selenium’, this anti-oxidant rich mineral helps in reducing the risk of sun burns and also helps to boost the immune system.
To get the right proportion of omega 3 fatty acids for our body, oily fish such as tuna, mackerel and Sardarines should be eaten. However it is ideal to avoid the larger species of fishes such as King Mackerel,Sword fish, Tile Fish and Shark fish, as it contains high concentrations of mercury.
With this new found information about the best foods for healthy skin – Are you planning to make any changes or additions in your daily diet? Let us know by commenting below. Share this post with your friends on social media!